(RMgr) Regional Survey Manager – Birmingham
We are currently looking for a Regional Survey Manager for our Birmingham Office.
Must have UK experience in a similar role
For further information, or to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Job Purpose
The Regional Manager (RM) will be responsible for opportunity generation and conversion of same to projects across all disciplines to meet agreed budgets and targets. The RM will liaise with other WS Managers where specialised knowledge is required. All oppor-tunities and projects will be dealt with showing respect to the companies financial regulations and survey procedures. The RM will manage all work carried out in their region, including QA and final deliverables, and carry out follow up conversations. The RM is expected to be actively involved in the local business community, by eg, attending networking events, keeping abreast of local con-struction projects, etc. The RM will have access to the company Business Development personnel, and be expected to actively seek opportunities for that department to publicise through Social Media channels / Press Releases, etc.
In brief, the Regional Manager’s role will include:
- Project Administration
- Client Liaison
- Resource Allocation – staff, equipment, vehicles, etc
- Establishing / Ensuring Project Milestones are kept
- Equipment maintenance and calibration. Informing the Director of any losses or damage
- Oversight of data Issue & QA of Completed Projects
- To report to the Directors the status of monthly budgets & tar-gets
- Jointly assist the Director annually appraising the survey staff
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Be committed to the success of the region in meeting budgets & targets.
- To deal with opportunities in line with company financial regula-tions.
- Liaise with all clients by telephone, whenever possible
- To attend site meetings when required
- To allocate staff & resources to projects
- Ensure the CRM (insightly.com) & resource tracking databases are maintained & kept up to date
- Assume final QA for projects and carry out follow up calls
- Carry out ad hoc site visits and inspections on projects
- Oversee site & CAD work to ensure WS procedures are being followed.
- Carry out fee earning role if / when required
- To alert the Director to any potential financial issues relating to clients, project over-runs, etc.
- Competent in all Land & Measured Building Survey techniques and Construction Surveying.
- An understanding of Utility surveying.
- An understanding in the use of, and application of UAV / drone surveying.
- Competent user of all survey instrumentation – GPS, Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners, etc.
- Competent use of survey processing software – N4ce & 2D/3D AutoCAD
- Managerial experience essential
- Be familiar with volume calculation & modelling in Key Terra-FIRMA or N4ce software
- Full UK Driving License required
- Should you be asked to work on rail related projects, you will be required to be Sentinel registered
A Great Place to Work
As a successful and growing business Warner Surveys (WS) seek to employ only the best surveyors in the industry. From our offices in Reading, London Bristol & Birmingham, WS provides opportunities for you to work on projects throughout the UK & internationally. Whether you are an experienced surveyor or at the outset of your surveying career, there has never been a more exciting time to join WS & for you to realise your potential. As well as being a great place to work, WS offers the following:
WS seek to reward experience, performance & qualifications by offering highly competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
As the business grows, there is inevitably more work to be done and therefore opportunities exist for individuals to work & to be paid overtime. Indeed, if unsociable hours need to be worked then enhanced rates & additional allowances may be paid.
All employees are provided with life assurance at the rate of 2x basic annual salary.
All employees are invited to join the company pension scheme. Company contributions exceed the statutory minimum.
Professional & Career Development
WS recognises the importance of professional development & actively supports & encourages all employees to progress their ongoing professional development. We currently support individuals in gaining CICES & a range of other qualifications.
With an annual appraisal process we are keen to help every employee to develop their career & help them achieve their aspirations. As one of the largest survey companies in the UK we can ensure opportunities for ongoing career development will exist.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environment
We have an uncompromising attitude to HSQE as demonstrated by our ISO 9001 & OHSAS 18001 certifications. Indeed, as a responsible employer our approach to HSQE is paramount & we fully support our employees in whatever work they are doing.
To ensure safety & comfort in the workplace we carry out regular workstation assessments. WS also provides eye test vouchers.
We have free parking at our offices in Reading & our London office is located only a very short walk from a tube station.
We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset & hope that the foregoing summary of benefits will help you decide that you want to join Warner Surveys.
To apply for this position please send your CV stating which vacancy you are interested in to email@example.com