We are currently looking for an experienced CAD Technician to join our team.
The CAD Technician will be responsible for assisting the CAD & BIM Technology Manager in the daily execution & management of conventional CAD & scanner related projects and liaise with their department manager as well as survey managers from other areas within the company to assist in preparing CAD related quotes.
The CAD Technician will be responsible for:
- Execution & management of the daily CAD related workload of the department
- Assisting the department manager & survey managers in preparing quotes
- Liaising with clients when required
- Liaising with sub-contractors when required
- Assisting with training for staff in CAD & Scanner related activities
- Producing measured building surveys & 3D models from point cloud survey data
- Assisting with management of software & hardware requirements
- Be aware of potential new software / hardware, & brief line managers
- Keeping CAD preferred survey methods up to date
- Ensuring the department deliverables are of the highest standard & delivered on time / budget
- Supplying technical support to survey staff for CAD & scanner related activities
- Assisting in the QA of in-house CAD projects prior to delivery to clients
- Overseeing & advising on scanner procedures & methods
- Assisting with the allocation of resources on work programme
Requirements for the role of CAD Technician:
- Very strong skills in 2D & 3D AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Point Cloud/Laser Scan data /Data cloud processing software is essential (especially Leica related)
- Good general knowledge of Revit / BIM and Microstation
- Knowledge of the following would be useful: N4ce, Key TerraFIRMA, Solid Edge, 3D Studio, Photoshop, & other CAD / Visualisation tools.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc.
- Client facing communication experience
- People management experience
- Be commercially aware of project budgets & timescales
- A good understanding of survey techniques would be beneficial
A Great Place to Work
As a successful and growing business Warner Surveys (WS) seek to employ only the best surveyors in the industry. From our offices in Reading, London & Bristol, WS provides opportunities for you to work on projects throughout the UK & internationally. Whether you are an experienced surveyor or at the outset of your surveying career, there has never been a more exciting time to join WS & for you to realise your potential. As well as being a great place to work, WS offers the following:
WS seek to reward experience, performance & qualifications by offering highly competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
As the business grows, there is inevitably more work to be done and therefore opportunities exist for individuals to work & to be paid overtime. Indeed, if unsociable hours need to be worked then enhanced rates & additional allowances may be paid.
In addition to bank holidays, WS provides a minimum of 20 days paid holiday per year.
All employees are provided with life assurance at the rate of 2x basic annual salary.
All employees are invited to join the company pension scheme. Company contributions at 3% exceed the statutory minimum.
Professional & Career Development
WS recognises the importance of professional development & actively supports & encourages all employees to progress their ongoing professional development. We currently support individuals in gaining CICES & a range of other qualifications.
With an annual appraisal process we are keen to help every employee to develop their career & help them achieve their aspirations. As one of the largest survey companies in the UK we can ensure opportunities for ongoing career development will exist.
Health, Safety, Quality & Environment
We have an uncompromising attitude to HSQE as demonstrated by our ISO 9001 & OHSAS 18001 certifications. Indeed, as a responsible employer our approach to HSQE is paramount & we fully support our employees in whatever work they are doing.
To ensure safety & comfort in the workplace we carry out regular workstation assessments. WS also provides eye test vouchers.
We have free parking at our offices in Reading & our London office is located only a very short walk from a tube station.
We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset & hope that the foregoing summary of benefits will help you decide that you want to join Warner Surveys.
To apply for this position please send your CV stating which vacancy you are interested in to Peter.Field@warnersurveys.com